Friday, May 30, 2008

I've Come a Long Way, Baby

I just downloaded a pattern from Knitwhits that I am test knitting. Yes, you read that right--I'm test knitting a pattern for a designer! It's called Edie: A Simple Springtime Cardigan. The pattern is designed in Noro Kureyon Worsted and Kureyon Sock. It's beautiful, though I don't know if I'll use the same colors.

I've accomplished a lot knitwise this year, and it's not even half over. After heaven knows how many years with "Learn to knit socks" at the top of my New Year's Resolutions list, I finally did it. I've joined sock-related Ravelry forums, including Summer of Socks. I've knitted sweaters that are nice enough it be gifts. I've test knitting a pattern. And, of course, I launched Knitting Purls.

Speaking of Knitting Purls, I'll be reviewing Flat Feet and the new Knit Picks sock blanks in upcoming issues. Also to be reviewed are SWTC's Soy Silk and Craft.

My knitting life is good.

2 comments:

Nancy McCarroll said...

Nice blog. I will check in on you and put you on my Fav. listing. Thanks! Good luck with your socks.Nancy

Ida said...

Thanks, Nancy