Friday, July 14, 2006

On the Needles

My delight in easy patterns is no secret. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with anything knit in a garter stitch in bulky yarn and with big needles--got to love those 50s!
This week I used Homespun (OK, shoot me), but I used small needles, a size 7. And what was I knitting? Why, I mat for a baby mouse--or as I call it, a mousepad! (I crack myself up.) My boss's son found a baby mouse on his bedroom floor. As much as I dislike mice, it is a cute teeny thing. I have a habit of knitting blankies for new pets, so of course, Thimble the mouse got his. Around mother's day they got a new kitten, and I knit 2 blankies for Minnow.
A coworker adopted a very young kitten this week. The poor thing survived the flood, and except for some fleas and mud, seems amazingly healthy. I'm off to knit a blankie for Noah--in green, his new mom's favorite color.

No comments: