Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Not exactly knitting related, but , , , A CALL FOR RECIPES

I am putting together a cookbook for my family as a holiday gift. They frequently ask me for recipes, so it seemed like a logical thing to do. It's going to include recipes for soups, stews, and sopping-type breads.

After thinking about it for a while, I said to myself, "Self, why not make this available for everyone!" I have a DBA as a publishing company, not to mention a block of never-used ISBNs. Of course the catch-22 is that I also have little money, and there is a very real chance that I won't have a job by the end of the year. Buy, what the heck--I'll do it as an e-book. That way the costs are limited, plus I can pretty much do it on my own.

So, if you have any recipes that you'd like to contribute, please send me an e-mail (ida@sweet-tea-and-magnolias.com). You won't get any money or free books, but you will get credit in the cookbook. Plus, 10 percent of the book's sale price will be donated to America's Second Harvest (click on the banner below to learn more about this wonderful organization).

Hope to hear from you all.

No comments: