Saturday, October 28, 2006

When is enough enough?

I love yarn. As a knitter, I do believe that happens to be a requirement. Okay, I can live with that, but where exactly is someone supposed to put that yarn?

I live in a smallish apartment with seven cats. Yeh, yeh, I know. Anyway, I seem to be amassing a rather formidable yarn stash. Since I never seem to know what yarn I have, I decided to get organized. Unfortunately, just when inspiration struck me, so did Mother Nature. A major bout of rain caused part of the bedroom ceiling to end up on the floor. This, of course, is where I keep the yarn. So, the safety of my stash secured, I moved all of it into the great room (a big name for a kitchen and living room combo). Not to be deterred from my organization frenzy, I bought several of those large plastic drawer units on wheels. Quickly they were filled with my yarn finds. Not so quickly was my ceiling repaired. Finally, after about four months, my the insulation in the ceiling was patched with a lovely shade of blue plasterboard; the walls and ceiling are white. My landlord assures me he will fix it soon (I am assuming that it will not be until after he returns from Aruba). So, in the meantime, the units stay in the greatroom--conveniently close to my knitting chair. There is not one empty space, so that should deter me from getting more yarn. The emphasis is on should.

No comments: